Camping can be one of the best ways to spend quality time with your family, friends, or just on your own. Though integrating oneself into nature is a great way to relax and to detach oneself from everyday life, we do not want to completely cut out from the existing technology that makes our life convenient.
A camping generator is something that every camper should invest in as it is portable and can generate electricity for your necessity such as for cooling and heating. Among the available choices out there, here are the ten best camping generators for your convenience based on our expert review team.
- Included in the "Best Portable Power Station for use in the outdoors" by Digital Trends.
- MULTIFUNCTIONAL OUTPUTS: Jackery Explorer 240 is equipped with a 240 watt-hour (16.8Ah, 14.4V) lithium-ion battery pack. It features 1* AC outlet (110V 200W 400W Peak), 2* USB-A ports and 1* DC car port to power many equipments such as phone, laptop, light, fan, mini cooler and so on with pure sine wave inverter.
- Founded in California in 2012, Jackery specializes in providing outdoor green power solutions for explorers. Jackery portable power station, power outdoors.
- QUIET GENERATOR& ECO-FRIENDLY CLEAN POWER: Jackery Explorer 160 is equipped with a 167 watt-hour (46,400mah/3.6V) lithium-ion battery pack, no fuel or gasoline needed, no fumes, no clanging! Pack light for your next camp trip with Jackery portable power station.
- ♔【Portable & Compact】: Super slim size (6.5 x 4.1 x 3.1 inches) and lightweight (2.3lbs). The portable power station with a compact handle design is not only for emergency backup power at home, but also for camping or wherever you need power when you are on the go. Perfect for student on the school to charge phone, laptop, ipad, PSP, camera, wireless headset, ect.
- ♔【Multifunctional Outputs】: The portable power station equipped with 88Wh capacity (24000mAh,3.7V), 2*QC3.0 USB port (18W max), 2*USB ports(5V 2.4A), 1*USB C(PD2.0, 18W Max). 1*DC ports (12-16.8V/10A, 13A Max), 1*2 prong and 1*3 prong output socket (80W running, 120W peak). Power cell phone, ipad, tablets, camera, radio, USB-powered night light,mini fan and camping explore devices under 80W.
- WIDE APPLICATION: TogoPower GG1000 power generator is a great back up outdoor generator for home and it's also perfect for job sites, camping, fishing and hunting, etc.
- POWERFUL FOR EMERGENCY USE: The gas powered portable generator produces 1000 watts of starting power and 800 watts of operating power supporting for small household appliances, such as blender, coffee pot, blower, dryer, fan, electric lamp and so on, and the emergency power station also charges for mobile devices including phones, iPads, laptops, etc. The generator features 120V AC output voltage to power for outdoor without any worries.
- Multiple Charging Outputs Provide More Options: Features with AC/ DC/ USB OUTPUTS: 110 AC output (200W), 2 DC output, 2 QC 3.0 quick charge USB port and 1 USB ports (2.4A auto). Power your smartphone, tablet, laptop, camera, light, drones, fans, in-car appliances, CPAP machine and more at anytime.KINDLY NOTE THAT THE POWER STATION CAN NOT BE CHARGE AND USE AT THE SAME TIME.
- High Performance And Handy Power Source: 151Wh (40800mAh) compact station is powerful enough to meet different kinds of electricity demands outdoor usage for home, travel, camping, backseat on long road trips.With a weight of 4.07lb and soft handle, we can easily put it in our backpack or car, take to everywhere need power.
List of The Best Camping Generators Reviews:
10. WEN 56200i 2000-Watt Gas Powered Portable Inverter Generator
This WEN 56200i Generator uses the EPA III and CARB Compliant 79.7 cc 4-stroke OHV engine that can produce 2000 surge watts and 1600 running watts. Featuring quiet operation, this generator operates at an extremely quiet 53 decibels at quarter load which is comparable to the sound of a normal conversation suitable for certain camping places with a noise limit.
Additionally, this generator produces clean, reliable power and limits total harmonic distortion to under 0.3% at no load and 1.2% at full load, making it safe enough to run laptops, cellphones, tablets, and other vulnerable electronics that are your daily life essentials. The compact form and carrying handle design of the generator makes it easy to move the generator from one site to the next. It also includes two three-prong 120V receptacles, one 12V DC receptacle, and one 5V USB port.
9. SUAOKI 150Wh Camping Generator Portable Power Station
Looking for a small easily portable power generator for your basic needs? Then this SUAOKI S270 Portable Power Station is one of the great options for your consideration. This power generator is very compact with just the size of two coffee mugs and 2.90 lbs of weight. Also, it features 10 various outlet ports and holds 150wh capacity makes it very convenient for outdoor activities or camping when you want to charge for different devices. The 2 hideable handles make it even more portable.
What’s more, this SUAOKI S270 power station has three recharging methods including recharging through the AC 110v wall socket, through 12V/24V car cigarette socket, and lastly by using SUAOKI 60W or 100W solar panel kit which can be purchased separately so that this generator can be recharged under direct sunlight. The types of charging cables are also included.
8. Westinghouse iGen160s 155Wh Portable Power Station
With two 120V outlets, four USB ports including a USB-C and QualComm Quick Charge 3.0 USB outlet, this Westinghouse iGen160s camping generator also comes with three convenient 5mm DC outputs for various type of chargers. It is also ultra-compact and lightweight with just 3.5 lbs. Furthermore, this power station also welcomes three charging methods including solar panel capability, the included car charger, and wall charger accessories.
This power station can produce up to 100 running watts and 150 peak watts for camping, tailgating, festivals, or even home backup. Also, this iGen160s is engineered without an engine which means it uses no fuel, needs no maintenance, and generates no noise for a hassle-free experience. The additional feature of this power station is the built-in side lamp that can serve as a reading light or dual-mode front flashlight to shine your way at night.
7. PAXCESS 330W/78000mAh Portable Camping Generator
Experience the new intelligent wireless fast-changing function of this power station! This PAXCESS camping power generator adds a 5W wireless charger at the top of the generator that means you can use the portable generator as a wireless charger that is compatible with most Qi-enabled electric devices. When you are enjoying off-grid outdoor activities, you no longer have to worry if you forgot to take the USB charging cable.
This PAXCESS camping generator can power up to 330W and possesses 78000mAh/288.6Wh power capacity, which means it is powerful enough to recharge smartphones 27 times, Mini Tablet 11.5 times, and Floodlight 56 times when it is fully charged. It also comes with an LED flashlight and two lighting modes which are warm eye protection reading light mode and the SOS mode. Also, this power generator can be recharged using a solar panel, wall outlet, or car socket.
6. FF FlashFish 200W Peak Power Station
This FF FlashFish camping generator is designed with three output types which are the two 110V AC outlets, three USB ports, and the two DC ports for vehicle tools like car cleaning and type replacement. With 45000mAh capacity, pure sine wave, 150W AC continuous power, and 200W AC peak power, this power supply pack is also compact and lightweight design of 4.5 lbs weight which makes it convenient to be taken outside.
Additionally, this power station takes safety performance into great consideration with overheat protection, short-circuit protection, low-voltage protection, lock-on protection, over-voltage protection, and over-current protection which prevent the devices from damaging and make it safe to use. It also comes with three options of recharging for this camping generator including charging from the wall outlet, solar panel, and 12V car socket. Accessories like power adapter, cigarette lighter adapter, and car charger are all included in the package.
5. Jackery 167Wh Lithium Battery Portable Power Station Explorer 160
With a 167 watt-hour and 46,400mah/3.6V lithium-ion battery pack, this Jackery Explorer 160 is boosted to be the quiet generator and eco-friendly clear power as no fuel or gasoline needed, no fumes, and no clanging. It is also considered as compact and lightweight at 3.84 pounds. Designed for general necessary charging of phones, tablets, laptops, GoPro, and other smaller electronics, this power generator features one AC outlet for devices less than 100W with 150W peak watt, one USB-C port, two USB-A ports, and one standard DC 12V port.
This camping generator can be recharged easily by pairing with the separately sold solar panel, carport, or AC outlet. The built-in LED flashlight with SOS mode portable power station are also convenient for outdoor activities especially in the wild.
4. BALDR Portable Power Station 330W
If you are looking for options for a quality camping generator with wireless charging options, this Baldr power generator should be one of the considerations. Besides the various types of charging ports such as standard pure sine wave AC power socket, QC 3.0 USB, C type, vehicle port, DC ports, this Baldr power generator is also engineered with wireless phone charger on the top. This camping generator holds 297wh power capacity. The sine wave inverter of this Baldr 330W generator power generates clean and stable electric energy, which is reliable for sensitive electronic equipment, safer and harmless.
Additionally, when the temperature of this camping generator is high, the built-in intelligent mute fan will turn on automatically, to keep the device at a constant temperature. The low noise, gas-free design of this generator also makes it more environmentally friendly. It also has three charging methods.
3. FF FlashFish 300W 60000mAh Portable Power Station
This FF FlashFish power generator is another great product of its brand. It is engineered with 300W continuous power, 350W peak power, 60000mAh battery capacity, and pure sine wave big capacity, which can fulfill your demand in weekend trips, camping, hiking, backpacking, hunting, fishing, or trekking. There are 3 different output ports which are USB, AC, and DC ports which can charge most of the electronic devices, including laptop, phone, tablet, fan, drone, car fridge, radio, LED light, MP3, digital cameras, etc. The 3 ways of recharging which are solar panel, wall charger, car charger are another convenient feature.
Also, this power generator is built with a silver metal case and a plastic black end which are very durable. It also comes with excellent battery management with built-in multi safety protections such as short-circuit protection, low-voltage protection, overheats protection, lock-on protection, over-voltage protection, and over-current protection.
2. Jackery 240Wh Lithium Battery Portable Power Station Explorer 240
If you like the Jackery power generator but the 100 Watts is not enough for you, then you should consider this Jackery 200 Watts power generator. This Jackery Explorer 240 is equipped with a 240 watt-hour/16.8Ah lithium-ion battery pack with a 200 Watts output. It is also considered a quiet generator and eco-friendly clean power generator with no fuel or gasoline needed, no fumes, no clanging.
Another great feature of this power generator is the 4 ways recharging options which include recharging from a wall outlet, car outlet, generator with 42W input wattage max, or by pairing with Jackery Solar Saga 60W/100W to recharge using solar energy. Additionally, this portable power station is specially designed for charging laptops, mini-cooler, drone, and other essential outdoor electronic device featuring one AC outlet, two USB-A ports, and one DC carport. You can charge most device with no worry.
1. FF FlashFish 200W 40800mAh Portable Power Station
This FF FlashFish 200W power station which has 151Wh/40800mA power capacity is powerful enough to meet different kinds of electricity demands outdoor usage for home, travel, camping, backseat on long road trips. Featuring three types of output port which are AC output, DC output, and USB port with quick charge and normal speed features, this generator can be used to power your smartphone, tablet, laptop, camera, light, drones, fans, in-car appliances, and many more easily.
Furthermore, this FF FlashFish power station is equipped with a lithium battery pack that can be recharged by the 15-24 volt solar panel, AC wall adapter, and car charger efficiently. It also provides all-around protection against overcurrent, overvoltage, and over-temperature, ensuring the safety of users and devices. With a weight of 4.07lb and a soft handle, it is also easily portable.
To sum up, a camping generator is a very useful device not only for camping but also for daily use as a power reserve when there is any electricity outage. The portability, power capacity, and the design of safety management are the main features to be considered when choosing the camping generator.
Therefore, for your convenience, we have listed the ten best camping generators or power stations suitable for various needs above. We hope you found the one that is useful for your needs.